My mother spotted a carnival in passing and called me up to see if I was interested in taking Mykel to it. I loved the idea so I packed up the kiddos and we headed straight there. As soon as I pulled in the parking lot, I began to hear Ooo's and Ahh's coming from the backseat of my car. She was beyond excited. After i unloaded the car and met up with my mom, we went to go buy tickets. Mykel was a little too short to ride everything so I had to purchase a ticket to ride the rides with her. We started out with the little rides and made are way up to the bigger ones.
All the rides were small child appropriated except for one. This ride in particular happened to be my worst nightmare but of course Mykel's favorite. It was one of those rides where the individual car spins in circles while the whole ride makes a continuous figure 8 pattern. Tell me why, from the second that we got in that thing, I was instantly sick. This thing had so much gravitational pull that I was glued to the side of the car and Mykel was glued into my side. At this point, there were two completely different screams coming from the car, Mykel's screams of excitement and my screams of terror. I was so so so happy when that ride ended. When I stepped out of that car my whole world was spinning and Mykel seemed completely unaffected. So naturally, Mykel immediately started to chant "AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN!" I was like....OH no no no NO! Helllllll no, so grandma decided to step up and take one for the team. I don't think she knew just how intense that ride was until she was in motion. The look on her face was classic. Needless to say, we didn't ride that one again.
Mykel had the time of her life and thats what its all about. I loved getting to see her that excited. I wish Nile could have been there too, but I captured it all on tape. It was a great day minus the nausea. YUCK!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.