So many emotions have been running through me since the the disaster took place. I have been frightened, worried, resentful, thankful, and calmed. It has definitely become a defining moment of my life. After being so terrified of the unknown and uncertainty about our situation, Nile wrote something that brought me some perspective. He said, "Have no fear, the Lord is with me always." Upon reading this, my mind, heart, and soul were immediately calmed. For days, I had been drowning in fear when I should have been looking to Him. I was so focused on what I didn't know, when I should have been focusing on what I
DO KNOW.
I realized the important thing to remember in the midst of the chaos is that
GOD IS IN CONTROL. He is not surprised by the events that have taken place and He is not unsure how He is going to take care of his children. We are just as safe putting our trust in Him when things are going great as when it looks like everything is falling around us.
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)
YES!
ReplyDelete